Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Oliver is seventeen months old

Oliver was very lucky to turn 17 months old on the 17th of March this past Monday. It was a fairly nice day so we got to spend some time outside doing one of Oliver’s favorite activities: swinging. We had our first snow here within the last month and Oliver got to go outside and play with the neighbor kids while they built a snowman. Oliver learned to love snow while we were in Salt Lake over Christmas, so I think he was glad to see it again. I am just glad that we get the kind of snow that is gone the next day! Oliver is still enjoying Gymboree Play and Music and he moved up a level to be with the 16 – 22 month old kids who are all walking and starting to talk; hopefully being around the older kids will aid in his language skills. He is becoming more and more verbal every day. Last week I took him to a natural foods store and we spent about a half hour exploring the fruit. I was explaining each fruit and he was touching and smelling everything. He didn’t like the way the kiwi felt, but he picked out a pear that he carried around the rest of the store. My favorite thing was when we picked out some Gala apples and Oliver began trying to say “gayla” and with my encouragement, he kept it up through out the store.










Video of Oliver & Daddy in the snow

No comments:

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts