Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Oliver is my one year old birthday boy!

As you can see, my sweet little baby has the chicken pox for his first birthday. Unfortuantely that combined with a fever made for quite a miserable little guy today. I don’t think I have ever taken such a large group of pictures without even one smile captured. We decided not to wrap most of his presents since we would probably have to do much of the unwrapping ourselves, so we had most of everything all set up when he woke up in the morning. Before lunch, we gave Oliver the opportunity to dig into his cake but he wasn’t at all interested; even after I cut a piece for him he wouldn’t touch it. The chicken pox didn’t curb his appetite for pizza and he dug into it and probably would have kept eating the entire piece if I could have waited for him. Later in the day, we just hung out at the house and tried to make him as comfortable as possible. Hopefully Oliver will get through this soon, but I fear we haven’t past the worst yet as today was day 5 and he just started getting some scabs where blisters were yesterday.














Video of Oliver on his new choo choo train

click arrow to play

No comments:

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts