Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Missed photo opportunities

Oliver has been doing a couple of really cute things lately however I must admit that I have been remiss in my photo ops lately!

Missed photo opportunity number one: I rarely wear an apron while cooking (much to my own chagrin on laundry day), but the other day I did wear an apron as I was cooking something messy right before going to school. Oliver saw me in the apron and instantly wanted one of his own to use while cooking in his kitchen. With some strategic folding I was able to make one of my aprons fit him and he loved it. He actually wore the apron for quite some time. Unfortunately, as soon as I came to a point in my own cooking where I could run and grab my camera, he had already finished his cooking and was done with the apron. The apron picture would have been a treasured addition to my blog...maybe I can convince him to do it again sometime.

Missed photo opportunity number two: One of Oliver's most recent beloved activities is washing dishes. He has always loved to look at the bubbles in the sink when Daddy does dishes and we often let him place cups or other things in the bubbles to be washed. For the last few weeks, he has pretended to wash dishes in his own kitchen placing all his "dirty" dishes in his sink and then rinsing each of them off with his pretend faucet. I don't really know how it happened, but the other day he got the idea that it should be his job to rinse his real dishes after lunch in Mommy's sink. He loves it! He has such a big smile while rinsing and is so proud of himself when he is done that I would go so far as to call him giddy. He now asks to "rinse dishes" before he is even close to finishing his meal. This photo will be a little trickier to capture as he stands on his high chair foot rest to do the rinsing so someone needs to be there to steady the chair and be sure he doesn't fall...maybe I can get it this weekend while Clayton and I are both home. Oliver loves to work...hopefully that will stick with him for a life time!

No comments:

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts