Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Fun at the Children's Museum in Dallas

Oliver & I went to the One Year Old birthday party of the Children's Museum at the Museum of Nature and Science today. Even though it was super CROWDED, we had such a good time with Ace & Aunt Tricia. There is so much hands on stuff for kids to do. Oliver absolutely loved exploring everything and at some points, I felt like I was dragging him to the next room just to get away from so many of the crowds. We will definitely go back on a less-crowded day. Here are some of my favorite pictures from today. You may feel like you have been there after reading this post, but believe me...it could have been a lot longer as I took 157 pictures in two-hours! :)

Ace, Mommy & Oliver at Fairpark

Here is Oliver giving John Paris, the President of Atmos Energy, 5 today...Oliver got his first 15 seconds of fame as he participated in some publicity shots for the company today.

If there is a car somewhere, Oliver will find it. Here he is playing with a car on the Lego table.

I loved my little guy with his tool belt on...doesn't it just look like it belongs there?!?

Hmmm...what is in here?

Outside sitting on JUMBO's trunk at the Natural History Museum

Look at this John Deere Tricycle...so cool!

Oliver collected chicken eggs at the farm

Oliver still loves kitchens

Wash those dishes Oliver...he knows the way to the ladies hearts!

Look at this huge xylophone

Here is Oliver riding what he called the "Scary tractor" from Cars the movie...remember the one that chases Mater & Lightening McQueen out of the field after they go tractor tipping.

Oliver trying his hand at rock climbing

Look at this cute little bench!

I loved him taking a break under this huge oak tree!

hammer, hammer, hammer

Sometimes I wish I could peak inside his head and see what he is thinking about...this was one of those times.

Oliver in a tent in the back-yard play area

The firetruck! He loved this almost as much as the school bus at his favorite park

Ahhhhh!

Cooking on the grill in the backyard -- just look at that juicy hamburger, now how do I get the lid off this ketchup?

Rocking horse

Look at Oliver looking up at JUMBO, I can imagine him saying "Woa, man!"

Building a gear puzzle with Ace & Aunt Tricia

Building

Building, Building

Boys at the farm

Cousins Ace & Oliver on Jumbo's tusks

Ace, Aunt Tricia & Oliver -- so cute!

I loved them looking out at the pond!

You are such a cool dude, Oliver!

Cute!

And last, I wonder what Mommy would say if she knew when she took this picture that I was about to jump off this step! :)


4 comments:

Heidi Bingham said...

how fun...I wish Juneau had something like this!

Lori said...

That looks like a lot of fun. We have a Children's museum in Ogden that is sort of like that, it makes me want to take my kids. Maybe this summer. Thats so nice Oliver has a cousin he can have fun with!

Robynn said...

I loved the trip to the Children's Museum that I didn't even know Dallas had. Way to go at finding such a fun place. We will for sure have to plan an adventure there soon.

Pierce and Stacy said...

That looks like SO much fun! You guys go on some really fun adventures! I'll have to take Pierce there some time soon. :)

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts