Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oliver Clayton Royal is twenty-nine months old!

So that time of the month has rolled around again, and I am sure you are all wondering if I will ever stop counting months...well, at least not yet! :) To celebrate Oliver's 29 month birthday, we spent our morning at Arbor Hills Nature Preserve which is only about 5-10 minutes from our house. It was such a beautiful day and we had such an incredible time! We started off our excursion with a little walk, and soon we came upon this bridge, which Oliver was delighted to call his Pooh Sticks bridge. We watched the water, threw some small stones down and just hung out for a little while.

This is our Pooh Sticks bridge -- watch Winnie the Pooh A Day for Eeyore if you don't know what we are talking about

Next we decided to go explore the stream

Oliver threw rocks in the water and dug in the muddy sand and had so much fun...doesn't he look mischievous?


I don't know if you can tell very well from the picture, but I am actually on the other side of the stream. I thought I was being so cool when I used that branch on the bottom left of the picture to cross the stream to take a picture. Too bad it broke on the way back and my favorite shoes got all wet!

After exploring the stream, we spent about an hour at the playground. This week is Spring Break for the school kids in our area, so there were tons of children and Oliver had so much fun watching everyone play and joining in on the fun too!

Before we came home, we stopped to do one of Oliver's favorite things....get the bumpy rider (what he calls our 4Runner) washed. Oliver loves to see the spinney and swishy brushes and asks to go to Royal Car Wash every time we pass. The bumpy rider was definitely dirty from the rain last week, so I was happy to indulge him this morning.

Last on our agenda was his 29 month photo shoot in our living room. Enjoy the pictures!
I don't use black & white for his photos very often, but I thought it fit these two very well


This is his official 29-month picture -- love it!

I tried to get the same pose as last years St. Patrick's Day photo, I think he cooperated pretty well!
Here are some extra pictures from our photo shoot this morning in a collage.

4 comments:

CR said...

I love the pictures. Arbor Hills is one of my favorite parks. It looks like you and Mommy had a great morning.
I love you!
Daddy

Lori said...

That looks like a lot of fun! It must be nice and warm there. Bring the warmth with you when you come ok. :) I love the pictures he is adorable!! I want your secret on how to make a collage of pictures on here.

Pierce and Stacy said...

He looks like a little model in those pictures leaning up against the couch! You are such a good mom. I wish I celebrated my bday every month or so, that'd be awesome! Sounds like you two had a great day!

Allison Claire said...

It looks really nice there! And I LOVE your photo shoot, those sunglasses are so cute!!

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts