My little carb lover:
Oliver was taking his time eating dinner last night. After an hour, and what seemed to be quite a bit of food, I asked him if his tummy was getting full. He looked at me with a furrowed brow and said "my tummy never too full for cornbread". That's my boy! :)
My little negotiator:
In response to me telling him about me going to SL this weekend, Oliver tries to make his way on the plane with: "I come with you. That be fun? You not go without me?" Sad! :( I'm going to miss this little guy like crazy!
My little truth teller:
Lately Oliver and I have been having lots of discussions about what it means to tell the truth and to keep your promises. Oliver loves to have our approval, so he has been so excited for us to praise him for telling the truth. From reading our blog, you may know that Oliver's favorite movie is Cars. He could watch this movie day in and day out, over and over again if I would let him. However, I try to curb too much television and often our TV goes on strike and won't turn on for a few days at a time. :) We hadn't watched any television for a few days, so I let him watch part of Cars while we ate our pizza for dinner tonight. We were watching the part where Lightening McQueen is headed to California to race Chick and The King for the Piston Cup. Mac (his driver) is tired, he wants to pull over and take a break, but Lightning McQueen wants to get to Cali first so he can have Dinoco all to himself. Lightning McQueen has just promised Mac he will stay up with him all night to keep him company and then he falls asleep. Oliver looks over at me and says "Lightning McQueen not a truth teller? He not keep his promise?" I'm blown away and don't really know how to respond. Is he crushed thinking that his hero is a liar...or is he happy thinking that if his hero is not a truth teller, maybe he doesn't need to be either. Hmmm...I quickly attempt to make a teaching experience out of it and tell him that Lightning McQueen learns to be a truth teller in the end and he helps everyone in the town and everyone likes McQueen very much. I don't know if it worked, he was still trying to wrap his brain around this as was putting him to bed tonight. Hopefully, this doesn't turn into anything negative; I'll let you know how it turns out!
Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog
The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲
Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)
Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts
-
►
2012
(15)
- ► March 2012 (1)
-
►
2011
(79)
- ► November 2011 (8)
- ► October 2011 (1)
- ► September 2011 (2)
- ► April 2011 (15)
- ► March 2011 (9)
- ► February 2011 (18)
- ► January 2011 (25)
-
►
2010
(195)
- ► December 2010 (25)
- ► November 2010 (25)
- ► October 2010 (17)
- ► September 2010 (18)
- ► August 2010 (13)
- ► April 2010 (10)
- ► March 2010 (7)
- ► February 2010 (12)
-
▼
2009
(205)
- ► December 2009 (15)
- ► October 2009 (17)
- ► September 2009 (10)
- ► August 2009 (21)
- ► April 2009 (21)
- ▼ March 2009 (21)
- ► February 2009 (19)
-
►
2008
(103)
- ► December 2008 (17)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (24)
- ► September 2008 (11)
- ► August 2008 (16)
- ► April 2008 (1)
- ► March 2008 (1)
- ► February 2008 (1)
- ► January 2008 (1)
-
►
2007
(12)
- ► December 2007 (1)
- ► November 2007 (1)
- ► October 2007 (1)
- ► September 2007 (1)
- ► August 2007 (1)
- ► April 2007 (1)
- ► March 2007 (1)
- ► February 2007 (1)
- ► January 2007 (1)
-
►
2006
(4)
- ► December 2006 (1)
- ► November 2006 (1)
- ► October 2006 (1)
- ► March 2006 (1)

No comments:
Post a Comment