Okay, I don't know why, but coming home seemed so so so much longer than going to SLC. We left around 10:30 on Sunday morning and our first stop was in Green River Utah at the cleanest truck stop I have ever seen. Funny story is that Clayton saw an old co-worker of mine from Franklin Covey in there, but wasn't sure if it was him, so he didn't say anything. A couple of days later, Hank Taggart writes on my facebook page: Am I crazy, or did I see Clayton in a truck stop in Green River, UT? I really liked working with Hank, so it is too bad I was within a few hundred feet of catching up with him and his cute family! Then , it was on to the Slickrock Cafe for lunch in Moab, UT. I heart Moab and my now dusty old mountain bike misses that slickrock! A few other stops and long rides didn't land us in Albuquerque, NM until almost midnight. Oliver finally gave in and fell asleep in the car about an hour outside of Alb. Poor little guy, he had a really difficult time waking up and then an even more difficult time going back to sleep once we arrived in our hotel room. Unfortunately, this lead to a bad night sleep for the little guy which made day number two especially difficult for him. He was still a trooper and even opted for a 50 minute nap on day number two during some enforced quiet time. We arrived home after 11:00 pm on Monday and Oliver was so excited to see all his things...he just wanted to play. He was also happy to see his "black crib" in the words of Oliver and he ended up sleeping until 12:45 pm on Tuesday. Here are some pictures we took along the way.
the obligatory leaving picture with no make-up. Mom, let's make a vow that we will do this the day before we go next time when we both have make-up on. :)
Oliver coming in for a kiss...I loved this picture!
Good bye Gramps, thanks for playing with me!Here is the same cliff, clouds featured this time.
Oliver wearing Mommy's sunglasses upside down. He thinks he is so cute! So do I! :)
He cleaned off his fingerprints before he gave them back to me; how thoughtful!
Okay, I hate tornadoes, but I have a sick fascination with supercell clouds. My photofinishing software makes these look more ominous than they really are, but still it sends shivers down my spine!
Oliver's view for two days straight. He took this photo.
A late night nap...poor little guy!
Necessity breeds progress. I forgot to bring a sippy cup into the hotel; Oliver now uses big boy cups all the time.
Video of Oliver ordering dinner at Sonic in Mineral Wells. This went on for a few minutes and I just caught the tail end. I actually had to encourage a few things because he was already done...he wanted to be just like his Daddy. :)
2 comments:
I loved him ordering the food. I sure miss you guys.
LYL Gramps
OMG...I love the video...very cute and memorable. Very, very cute!
Post a Comment