Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ace's birthday party at the Ft. Worth Zoo

Despite all the rain we have been receiving, we made it to the Ft. Worth Zoo this morning to celebrate Ace's 4th birthday. He had a fun Batman themed birthday party and the zoo keepers put on a great show with four animals. Unfortunately, we were unable to make it to the zoo afterwards as planned due to all the rain, but it didn't matter; It was still a great party. Happy Birthday Ace!

First the animals...

A real baby Alligator, how cool is that??? We learned that they can grow new teeth to replace broken teeth, over and over and over again.

Parrot. This was Oliver's favorite. Unfortunately I don't remember anything cool about it.

An opossum. Did you know they can't really hang by their tails? Their tail can curl around things and kind of acts like an extra finger, but it can't support their body weight.

Meet Jack, a South African Penguin. It makes sense now, but I had no idea that 60% of the worlds penguins are warm weather penguins.

A video of Jack making his sound

Oliver playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey, unfortunately the Birthday Boy didn't want to play

Oliver counting

Ace opening his presents

Darling baby boy in the balloons

The birthday boy and his awesome Batman cake

Getting set to blow

mmmm, this cake is so yummy!

My fave picture all day...Batman...aka Oliver

Batman Ace

Ace and one of his friends Jaxon. Cute!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Ok I am way jelous!! I would love to be in a room with exotic animals, that is a dream of mine. How did they manage to do that? Where you at the zoo?? I love it!! Batman, Oh I mean Oliver :) is so cute it looks like he had a great time!

Pamela Royal said...

Yes, it was at the Forth Worth Zoo. Oliver's cousin had his 4th birthday in the education center at the zoo and it was so much fun! I just checked the Hogle Zoo's website and it looks like you could do it too. Just book a b-day party and add the small animal presentation. https://www.hoglezoo.org/group_programs/birthday_parties/

Maybe you can talk Derrick (isn't his birthday next?) into having his next party there and that dream can could come true! :)

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts