Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

some sadness, some happiness, and some love at first sight!

We were so happy when the sun finally came out on Tuesday, that we just had to go outside to enjoy it. We were travelling to the park and I stopped to take some pictures of Oliver.

Our trip was cut short.

I feel really bad about this picture because he is telling me that he doesn't want me to take anymore pictures of him all the while standing on Fire Ant mound. I put my camera away and we start our trek to the park again and Oliver stays behind and says look Mommy. I turn around and he is looking at the writhing ant mound. As I am rushing over, I tell him to hurry and back away because he is going to get bit. And he tells me that they are already biting him. Sure enough they were all over his Crocs and some had gone through the holes. Poor guy. He has three bites on the top of his left foot, one on his middle toe and another on his right leg. Fire ant bites are awful: they sting, they swell, they get a puss head, and then itch for days. Oliver was so sad we ran right home to soak his feet in cold water and put some sting relief stuff on them. Fire Ants are a huge hazard of living in this area!

You can actually see one of the bites on his right leg in this picture. He is wearing his Boomer Sooner socks to distract him from scratching the bites.

On a much happier note, Oliver turned 35 months old today. Only one month left until this little guy is three. Doesn't seem possible!

On a totally unrelated note to this post, Oliver's Halloween costume arrived Tuesday night. I honestly don't know if it will make it to Halloween because it was LOVE at first sight!. It really wasn't made very well and this little guy wants to wear it ALL the time. He loves to make deliveries and really who could resist him when he is the cutest little UPS driver anyone has ever seen?!? :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, too sad about the fire ants :( He DOES look so cute in that UPS costume. Fun times!

Marci Morgan said...

That costume is DARLING!!! I love it! I remember when Stephanie was a baby, she was bit by fire ants and ran into the house and put her hands in the lemon merenge (sp?) pie to cool them off!

Pierce and Stacy said...

1. Sad about the ant pile.
2. Almost three?!
3. Yes, very cute UPS guy.
4. YOU LET HIM WEAR OU SOCKS????? Shame on you.

-Stacy

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts