Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

No hablo español...

but I'm going to...well, at least I'm going to try. :)

Oliver and I began Mommy & Me Spanish class last Friday at the Spanish Schoolhouse. There are five other students in the class, and he is the oldest by at least six months. We decided not to send him to Preschool this year even though he will be three this month, since he will not be going to elementary school until he is almost six. We have wanted to send Oliver to a Spanish speaking preschool and we thought this would be an excellent introduction.

The Mommy & Me class is an immersion class, where no English is spoken; in fact, the instructor speaks very little English and her Spanish if very, very fast. All of the other mothers in the class speak at least some Spanish, so I think Oliver and I are at a little of a disadvantage. I am certain Oliver will pick it up much more quickly than I will, but I am going to try my best.

The class is fun, we sang songs (well listened to the others sing songs), we learned words for day, night, sun, stars and moon. Then we listened to stories about day and night and then worked on this cute worksheet:

Oliver even received homework. I had to ask another mom what we were supposed to do with it, and I am not certain if we are supposed to bring it back to class because of course, I couldn't understand. We worked on his homework project today. He was really into it at first, then he lost interest. I think this is going to be a good experience because Oliver's attention span to structured play is very small and hopefully this will help us work on that.

Here he is gluing tissue paper on the sun

the glue...and ta da

the finished product

2 comments:

Lori said...

That is awesome! You are such a good mom. Good Luck!!

Robynn said...

Ohhhh, I have missed you. Can't wait to stop by for a visit and practic some of my spanish skills with you two. I had the funnest visit with your mom and dad. Your mom is an amazing quilter. I LOVED seeeing her first table runner she made. WOWSERS! It was so cute! Have a great day!

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts