Okay, okay, I'm still counting and snapping pictures for my refrigerator magnets. I love having his monthly pictures side by side on my refrigerator. My mother in-law asked where I am going to fit all the pictures of the new baby, and although it will take some adjusting, I'm sure we can make room; just like in all other aspects of our life. Oliver's 38 month birthday started out with a trip to the doctor's office with both Mommy & Daddy to see the new baby again. I had a first trimester Down Syndrome screening where they do a sonogram and a blood test which detects DS with 91% accuracy. Oliver loved hearing the baby's heart beat and even requested to hear it again, fortunately the doctor was nice enough to let us all hear it again. The baby was sleeping in a very cooperative position and so at just 12 weeks we were able to find out we are having another BOY! And there was no doubt about it, the doctor didn't even have to tell us for us to know. How exciting to know so early! We didn't know with Oliver until I was 21 weeks pregnant. Oliver has been telling me all along that it was a boy and he was right. We are all very happy to welcome another boy into our family!
the traditional profile sonogram
and proof of the gender -- if you are not familiar with looking at sonograms, this is a shot from the diaper changing position, in the center of all the blackness there are two almost parallel white lines which are his legs and in between is the proof.
Afterward, we went to Oliver's favorite mall to do a little shopping, ride his favorite cars, and see Santa. But you may be wondering, didn't we just see Santa??? Yes, we did. But Oliver was worried that the "mall Santa" might not know what he wants for Christmas. And since it was his 38 month old birthday and all, I couldn't resist having his picture taken with the same Santa as last year for my refrigerator magnet. Oliver was certain to tell Santa that we would be in Utah for Christmas and that was one smart Santa. He told Oliver he has to stop and pick up more packages in Draper, so he knows right where his Grammy's house is in Sandy. So although I wish Oliver's smile would have looked a little less forced and a lot less painful (Santa really isn't hurting him), I am glad he is in an outfit of my choosing with a Santa that I just love!
2 comments:
Grammy & Gramps loves these pictures.
Congrats on the new baby boy!! Oliver will have so much fun with a brother around to play with!! How exciting, congrats!!
Post a Comment