Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Project Day

While Oliver and I stayed in Utah last month, Clayton came home to a big mess. We had known our hot water heater was coming to an end of its life, but had hoped for it to at least keep going while we were in Utah, but we had no such luck. The water heater was gushing water into the garage when Clayton arrived home. At least we are fortunate to have it in the garage and not in our house! Our best guess is the water tank had broken a few days before and kept filling and spraying water for a while, because with the freezing temperatures, there was a few inches of ice in our garage and down the driveway. Clayton came back to Texas to return to work, so replacing the tank, replacing insulation and drying the rest, as well as replacing Sheetrock in the garage turned out to be a long drawn out task. Every time I would call, if he wasn't working, it would seem as if he was working on something to do with the water tank. Honestly, I was just thankful I didn't have to be there to deal with it and didn't care how long it was taking! Little did I know, my sweet husband was not just replacing the water tank, etc., he was also installing a shelving system in my utility room and a cabinet over the toilet in my bathroom. I was so surprised and happy when I came home to it last month!

We decided that it would be a good idea to have the same cabinet in our hall bathroom as well, so Saturday, Clayton and Oliver went to work. Oliver loved helping Clayton put together the cabinet.




and here is the finished product in my bathroom.

Thanks Clayton and Oliver! Now I just have to decide what to place in them! :)

No comments:

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts