Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

35 weeks and counting!

My doctor's appointment this week went well. I have been having a lot of contractions this pregnancy and they are really starting to pick up, so last week my doctor checked me and found that I was fully thinned and carrying the baby really low (this I knew!). Famous words from my doctor "Just give me two more weeks" -- famous because this is exactly what she told me when she put me on bed rest with Oliver. Well no bed rest this time! She just told me I should stop exercising, stop vacuuming and stop lifting heavy objects aka a 30 pound lil' guy. She scheduled a sonogram and an appointment for this week. Well, as it turns out, everything looked fine with my cervix during my sonogram yesterday. No additional restrictions and she doesn't even want to see me next week. So I'm not sure really what changed from week to week, but I guess I'll just go with it.

The most fun part of my appointment is always my sonogram. Oliver came with me and his favorite part is hearing the heartbeat. By the way, everyone at my doctor's office just LOVES Oliver. I think they are more excited to see him then they are to see me! :) He has such a fun outgoing extroverted personality and just loves to talk to people, so it is no wonder why people love him so much! So anyway, everything takes longer when he is there, but that just means we get to see the baby for longer. The baby had his feet up near his head for the sonogram as you might be able to make out in the picture attached below. Shortly after the picture was taken, I was blessed enough to be able to see my baby reach up his little hand and start playing with his toes. It was so sweet! I think that often parents question whether they will have enough love for more than one. I know I do at least. This was one of the first glimpses at how much I love this new little addition to our family already. I am getting excited for him to join us! Dixie, our wonderful sonographer who was right on with Oliver, is measuring this baby at 6 lbs., 8 oz. already. She thinks he will be about the same size as Oliver which was 7 lbs, 11 oz. All I can say, is please, please, don't let him gain about a pound a week as the textbooks say he will!

I'll be the first to admit that this sonogram is difficult to make out, but maybe this description will help. The babies head is on the far right of the picture, and really it is just the line of his forehead that you can see. Directly above that is a banana shaped object which is actually his foot. The top of the banana, aka his toe, is on the right and is directly above his forehead.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Wow you are getting so close. Im glad you and the baby are doing well. Good Luck let me know when the big day happens. Sonograms are my favorite part also it helps to be reminded why you are really pregnant!! :)

Robynn said...

Oh Pamela, He is darling! Oh I can't wait to meet him and give him some good hugging. Talk to you soon. Love, Rob

Heidi Bingham said...

I can't believe how similar our situations are...send me your number, i would love to talk to you or give me a call when you can... 907-209-4120

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts