Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

After spending the morning with my Mom, we headed out for a yummy lunch at Mi Ranchito and then for a drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon with the sole purpose of Oliver taking a nap (ya right). It was a beautiful drive, but no nap was had. We went back to my parents later in the afternoon where we were able to see my sister's family and my brother's family and then have dinner with my parents. It was a great Mother's Day!


I think Oliver's face in this picture looks as if he was surprised to reach down and find my 33 week pregnant belly. Of course he isn't, but nine months really is a long time to wait for a 3 year old. He asked me recently if we missed June. It must seem like I have been pregnant forever to him! :)


I was really surprised to see skiers at Alta on this beautiful Mother's Day. But they obviously still have the snow for it. It was absolutely gorgeous up there but a little too cold for short sleeves and a skirt.



As we were driving back down the canyon, Oliver wanted to stop and get some rocks. We pulled off the road at a trail head and walked in a little bit for some rocks and some pictures.

Me and my two boys

So cute of Daddy & Oliver

Somehow I'm betting that all children who are the owners of parents with digital cameras get tired of smiling for pictures. This is on about the 30th picture. He didn't have any smiles left! :)

And this is the Oliver fake smile we got for our family picture that we took at the end. Maybe we should aim to do a family one first next time.

Thank goodness for Photoshop. I am by no means very adept at using Photoshop, and as a result I won't be blowing it up because it is not perfect, but it looks okay at this size. :)

A little further up the trail Daddy & Oliver found a stream. We tried to get Oliver to touch it to see how cold it was but he was not at all interested.


This is part one of a two part video of Oliver and Gramps counting Gramps shrimp tails. Oliver is at that stage where he loves to replay things. This video is actually the third time they went through this together and Oliver took a lot longer to get to the end this time, so I had to break the video in two. Anyway, if you want to watch I thought this was a cute video of Oliver and Gramps at dinner.

part two of the video above

And finally, here is Oliver's first ice cream from an Ice Cream Truck. And my lil' chocolate monster LOVED it! :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Cute pictures!! You look so GREAT!! I am so happy that you were able to come and visit your mom for Mother's Day what a gift!! She looks really good. Happy Mothers Day!!!

Dennis and Bonnie Danielson said...

Such a cute video! Oliver is Mr. Personality. How fun to have him in your life!

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts