I asked Oliver what his favorite things were about the trip, and lucky for me he listed five. Here they are in random order (only because I can't remember the order in which he said them):
Counting Shrimp Tails with Gramps
Digging in the dirt with his cousins at Grammy's & Aunt Shell's houses
Talking with Grammy
Seeing turquoise tractors
Eating at Cafe Rio
I'm so glad Oliver and Clayton love going to Salt Lake just as much as I do! See below for pictures of our last day:
I'm actually surprised he didn't list this as one of his favorites as he did this all three days. Clayton and Oliver would stack up all the hotel pillows and Oliver would count and then jump. He loved it. This video starts after the count down has begun, so let me start: one, two...
after a jump
look at that cutie pie!
We had a very yummy lunch at Cafe Rio with Uncle Jerone, Aunt Debbie & Preston. Thanks so much for suggesting it!
So cute of Preston and Debbie!

And here is one tired little guy. Our flight was a late one to begin with, but after a delayed take off, we didn't land until about 12:30 AM. Considering Oliver had skipped his normal two hour nap three days in a row, and had some seriously hard nights sleeping in the same bed with me, Oliver did exceptionally well on the plane. I could tell from the beginning of the flight he was very tired. I tried to do everything I could to encourage sleep. Finally when there was about 45 minutes left, he told me he wanted to be in his crib to go to sleep. He then wanted to be held. I held him for about 10 minutes and he was falling asleep and then the flight attendant made me put him in his own seat. The fact that I could hold him until he was two, and then once he was three I couldn't anymore will never make sense to me; Seems like it should be my choice. Anyway, he was tired enough that I just held him tight to my side and before long, he was fast asleep. I was truly amazed that this little guy stayed asleep through the remainder of the flight, continued to sleep while we waited at baggage claim and on the shuttle bus to the Parking Spot and even slept through the transfer from me to his Daddy so I could install the car seat. He finally woke briefly as we tried to put him in his car seat and then quickly went back to sleep and slept through all the hubbub of coming home, getting in PJ's and being placed in his bed. He didn't wake up until 10:30 the next morning. I absolutely loved holding him while he slept and I'm so happy Clayton captured this for me to always remember! :)
That was my last trip to SLC before the baby arrives in June. Thanks to all our family for helping make this a great trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment