Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Busy, Busy morning

This morning went by like a whirlwind. We started out at Oliver's doctor's office. He was bit two times on his right elbow the other night while he was outside (wearing bug spray no less) and his arm was hot and swollen and didn't seem to be getting better. The doctor said the bites had a bacterial infection and that it could turn into staff and he would have to be hospitalized. Oliver seems to really attract bugs and he is very sensitive to bug bites. When he started itching , he must have introduced bacteria from the dirt or whatever else he had on his fingernails. They ended up giving him two shots of antibiotics which made him cry more than I have ever seen him cry with shots and then gave us a prescription for antibiotics for the next 10 days. I really should have taken a picture of how swollen it was, luckily the swelling seems to be decreasing already.

After Oliver's appointment, we rushed right over to my 38 week prenatal appointment. Turns out I am dilated to a 3 already, so I will be induced on Monday without any complications. Thank goodness something is coming out of all the pelvic pain I have been having. During my discussion with my doctor, I mentioned how for two days prior, the baby wasn't moving much in the morning, but resumed his normal squirmyness in the evening. That made her worry and she monitored his movements for a half-hour, and everything looks great. I think he is just running out of room! :)

While I was on the monitors, Clayton rushed Oliver and Olivia over to Oliver's final gymnastics class. Oliver was a little sad still from him shots and took a while to warm up, but his Daddy said that at some points , Oliver was the only one following instructions. GO OLIVER! I captured some pictures as soon as I arrived. Oliver is really going to miss ASI Gymnastics this summer. Hopefully I feel up to it again this fall. :)

Oliver's friend Caleb whom is only one day older than he

Oliver and Coach Jason -- Oliver really likes Jason if you couldn't tell

Turns out he missed his favorite activity, jumping on the tramp. His coach was nice enough to let him jump with the next class so I got to capture him on video. Thanks Jason!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Wow, he is a great jumper! I hope his bug bites get better real soon.

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts