Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Miles Brown Royal is Four Months old!

It has been so much fun watching Miles grow. This past month he has learned some new things:

He has been noticing and reaching for toys

sucking on toys, holding onto his feet whenever he can

sleeping a lot less, and crying a bit more


And as this video shows, talking A LOT more. He now says all sorts of breathy sounds and tries to imitate whatever you say to him. He LOVES to squeal and has starting a really deep throaty laugh. It is so cute!

At his four month doctor's appointment, we learned Miles weighs 14 pounds and 2 ounces (25-50th percentile), he is 25 inches tall (50-75th percentile) and his head is 43 cm (50-75th percentile). He had a few shots and he was SOO sad. The doctor said he looked great, but that he needs more sleep. Miles has only been sleeping in 20-30 minute stretches around the clock, so the doctor said he will have to cry. As much as I HATE to do it, I think he may be right.

Miles and I have had some extra time to ourselves on Tuesday and Thursday mornings while Oliver is at school, and it has been so wonderful spending that time one on one with my baby. Miles 4 month birthday was on a Thursday so I got to spend some extra time taking LOTS of pictures. I think they turned out SO cute. I wanted to post them all, but I'll include just a few. We love you sweet baby boy!









I didn't know for sure if I wanted to post this, but since I am using my blog to capture my memories, I think this might be the place to do it. Wednesday, October 13 was the worst day of my life. While Miles was sitting unstrapped in his bouncy seat, I was attempting to place the seat on our island in our kitchen. I lost my grip on the seat as I was lifting it in the air and Miles fell out of the seat onto our tile floor. He instantly started crying and all I could think to do was to call 911. The fire department, an ambulance and a police man came. Miles had stopped crying by the time the arrived and they looked him over and took his vital signs and everything looked fine. They did offer to take him to the hospital for observation, but I declined and opted to take him to his pediatrician the next day. The pediatrician examined Miles and said he looked fine. He tried to make me feel better and told me that most babies have a big fall, and I am lucky if I made it through one child without a fall. I still feel AWFUL! Seriously, the worst day of my life.

No comments:

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts