First, I'll start with two pictures from the last couple of days that I didn't have anywhere else to blog about:
My little guy loves his exersaucer and this starfish seems to be his favorite item to put in his mouth...I guess it's the gummy texture
Now, on to the monthly photo shoot. He is loving his exersaucer so much, that I thought the monthly picture needed to be in it; and it just so happens, that Oliver's five month old picture is in this very same exersaucer. But before we get to the pictures, a few things about his development this month:
I'm not sure how much weight he has gained as we haven't had a doctor's visit in a month which is actually a record for us ( I guess the whole preschool on hold has actually paid off), but he does feel heavier and is eating more. He is still breastfed and supplemented with formula (although considering his consumption of formula keeps increasing, it may actually be the breastfeeding that is supplementing the formula). He eats baby food once per day and he LOVES it. I think breakfast is his favorite time of day. He has loved everything he has tried and always begs for more. He has tried: rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, applesauce, pears, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, prunes, pumpkin, and orange juice. He is so funny, he begs me for my orange juice every morning and he actually likes it!
He is sooo vocal! I'll add a video of him talking from a couple of days ago so you can see how much noise he makes. He still says ah gee, ah goo, ah boo, as well as he loves to squeal, blow raspberries and blow bubbles. He will make noises just to get your attention and has the silliest deepest laugh I have ever heard on a baby. He doesn't do it often, usually it is in response to a tickle placed in just the right spot so I haven't caught it on video yet. He is very smiley and I often call him Smiley Miley.
He has been sleeping in his crib for three weeks now and he has had some really bad nights, a lot of pretty good nights, and two excellent nights. Putting him down has become so easy now and usually only takes a couple of minutes. Miles takes about three 30-45 minute naps a day, I'm hoping he will consolidate the last two, or the first two and take a little nap (he has actually done this a couple of times now). I love bringing him in my bed when he wakes up around 6:30 to nurse and have Mommy & Me time until Oliver wakes up. Sometimes we sleep, sometimes we hold hands, sometimes we sing songs, no matter what we do he is always SO happy. Knowing how happy he is after he is well rested makes the crying seem worth it (at least sometimes).
Miles is doing fabulously on his fine and gross motor skills. He loves to play with toys and will reach for anything within his arm distance. He is becoming a lover of tummy time too, but when he gets upset he actually tries to get up on his knees. He has recently mastered rolling from his back to his tummy, but he has difficulty getting back to his back and that really frustrates him. He holds his head up so well, and can also sit propped up for long periods of time.
He has stranger anxiety, but he loves his brother, his Daddy and of course me. He has quite a bit of quiet alert time when he is awake and loves to watch Oliver at play. He will do anything he can to try and catch Oliver's attention and he loves it when Oliver gets down on the floor to play with him. It is so sweet to watch these two together.
We love this little guy so much and feel so blessed to have him in our family! Happy five months old birthday Miles! Now onto the pictures, here are my favorites for the day:

This boy can move around his exercauser like a PRO! These pictures were taken just a few seconds from each other. I think he was all the way around within just one minute!
Love this picture even though there were shadows!
Look at that face, he is about to make his move onto the spinning toy
Here is the video I promised

No comments:
Post a Comment