Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Just what is a Nutria anyway?

My dad sent some pictures of the snow they received on the day we left (it didn't snow one bit while we were there and Oliver was very disappointed to not be able to use his shovel) and Oliver wanted to send him a picture back, this was first thing in the morning. Good morning Oliver & Daddy!

Later that day we went to the park and fed the ducks

I liked this action shot, if you look closely you can see the bread in the air. Go OLIVER! Oliver discovered during this trip that the male Mallard Duck is his favorite.

Miles and I took a walk on the trail while Oliver and Clayton played on the playground, and while we were gone, we ran into some of these.

These are huge rodents that live near this big pond. The City of Plano has put up signs to educate the public about the Nutria. I am always so surprised when I see these huge rat like things just hanging out next to the ducks trying to eat the bread. YUCK! If you want to find out more click here.

Oliver played with his new Play-doh set Santa brought him for the first time today, he LOVED it! Great job SANTA!

Miles grew while we were in SLC, he wasn't able to reach the monkey and frog on the sides of this high chair toy before we left. Can someone please freeze time for me now??? I LOVE this stage. He is so ADORABLE!

And here is my big guy using his tag reader while I cleaned up the kitchen before bath time. He just looks SOO big to me. Don't grow up to fast little O!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Cute Pictures. Those rodents look a lot like beavers, that would be surprising too see them eating bread with ducks, YUCK!! Kids do grow up way too fast its sad, before you know it they will be 12. sniff sniff :) I REALLY wish we could have gotten together when you were here, maybe next time.

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts