So my baby is one-half year! We are officially entering the sweet spot. Don't get me wrong, I love my babies just as much as anyone else, but I especially love it when they are so interactive and can help themselves a little.
I never thought I'd say this, but Miles has become a GREAT sleeper. Most nights he sleeps 12 + hours, waking up once or twice. The other night I went in to feed him around 5, and by the time I got in there, he had already found his own pacifier; I was so surprised! I still bring him into bed to nurse in the mornings and that is one of our sweetest times together. He is starting to fall asleep more regularly after his morning feeding, so I am thinking this is going to have to end soon. Miles traveled to both Utah and Oklahoma in the last month, and he was an excellent little traveler both ways. And surprisingly, he slept really well as long as he was in his own bed; I think he actually liked having me in the same room. He sometimes takes a little longer nap too, but mainly he is taking 3 30 minutes naps per day.
Miles continues to be a great eater: He has tried more things this month and found more things he enjoys like yogurt, grapefruit, avocados and pumpkin. Although he will eat them, especially if not presented with anything else, he doesn't seem to have an appreciation for green vegetables. I think his face is hilarious when I give them to him...almost like he is going to gag and he talks a lot while he is eating them. We've increased his baby food feedings to two times per day. In addition he nurses four or five times a day (this includes night time feedings), and is fed five or six ounces of formula, three times per day. Sometimes it seems like he is eating all day and his weight is certainly showing it. We haven't yet had his six month appointment, but we weighed him on a scale and by our calculations he is a whopping 17 pounds!
Miles has perfected rolling from his front to his back, and his back to his front and can easily twist and contort his body along with rolling to get almost anywhere he wants, we call this rollamania at our house (Oliver did it too). And if he can't use rollamania to get something and it is on a blanket, he knows he can just pull the blanket toward him and he can get it. He LOVES playing with toys and will reach for anything he sees, no matter where we are, so we always have to be careful while holding him.
I think one of the things I am most excited about with him turning six months old is that his blocked tear duct has cleared! It was still blocked over the weekend when we were in Oklahoma and I remember talking to Clayton's mom about it letting her know that the doctor said it usually disappears before a year, and that if it doesn't than an Opthamologist can do a type of roto-rootering on it to clear it out. But then a few days later I realized that I hadn't been cleaning his eyes for a couple of days. Woohoo! I am so glad it cleared itself up! And I'm really glad he doesn't always have the yucky stuff in his eyes any longer.
Before we get to the pictures from today, there were a couple left over from the last month without a space for blogging, so I wanted to post them first.
Miles absolutely loves his baths. He gets SOOO excited when he sees me take the tub out of the utility room. I'm not sure if it is because he knows he is going to bed, because it is just Mommy & Me time, or if it is because he really loves the bath. Maybe it is a combination of all.
Even though the lighting is not great on this pictures, I did love walking in the room after I finished getting Miles stuff ready for bath and finding Miles resting on his Daddy's shoulder. So sweet!
Alright, now onto the half-birthday pictures...
Miles got the same toys Oliver did for his six month birthday, and he enjoys every single one of them as if they were brand new! :)
And Miles LOVES his big brother so much that his half birthday wouldn't be complete without some brotherly love pictures too...
Miles didn't like it, I can hear him yelling inside "too tight", we here that a lot from his big brother!
And finally some of big brother by himself...
Happy half birthday Miles! Oliver and I celebrated for you by eating a cupcake while we were at the mall tonight and it was really yummy! Next half, you'll get your own cake...I promise! We love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment