Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Miles Birthday trip to the DWA

I love to take my kids to do something fun and special on their birthday, and since it has been so hot here, I thought someplace indoors that Miles had never been would be perfect.  So on Miles' birthday morning we all got up early and headed to the Dallas World Aquarium.  We all had a great time and finished in the perfect amount of time to get Miles down for a nap so I could finish preparing for his birthday party that evening (but more on that to come in another post).   

My Dad took this picture of us as we were getting ready for breakfast.  Even though I don't love the picture of Miles, I actually really like it of me, so it gets to be in the post!  :)

Miles' birthday breakfast smiley face with mini muffins and banana.  He is a natural at blowing out candles and he loves to practice. 

Oliver enjoying his brother's birthday muffins too

Here we are at the Dallas World Aquarium.  Hmm, what is in here?

Miles thought it might be fun to play with the interactive display

Oliver was captivated by the waterfall below and couldn't be bothered for a picture, but I'm so happy Miles and Gramps wanted to cooperate.  :)  

It really is awesome to see a waterfall indoors.

We have arrived at one of our favorite spots: the otters.  This exhibit is home to two very playful otters and it is so much fun to watch them swim around and they actually come right up to the window as if they want you to play with them.  

Miles liked it, but I think Oliver liked it even more!  

Not a great quality picture, but I just adore that he is smiling at his Gramps here.  Miles sure loves his Bumpa!

Hey Oliver!

We were there for feeding time.  This is my Dad's photo of the male otter eating his first fish.  I think the otters looks much cuter in the water. 

Oliver loved these birds, I wish I had taken a picture of the plaque for the exhibit, I think they are the Citron Throated Toucans.  
Unfortunately, Oliver got his fingers a little too close to the cage while he was pointing and he got pecked.  It didn't break the skin, but it sure did scare the little guy.  He was trying to be really brave and he didn't cry, but I know that look on his face, he really wanted to.  Perhaps in the end he'll learn a lesson not to put his fingers near animal cages.  

Can you see the animal I was trying to photograph?  It took me awhile to realize I was trying to photograph the alligator in the very back center, I'm going to have to play with my camera to see how to get it to take pictures through glass.  Anyway, I still thought the picture of my reflection using the camera turned out pretty cool.  I just love my turquoise scarf!  

What are you pondering Oliver?  We were sitting in front of the sting rays and he has been asking a lot of questions about sting rays so he must be thinking about them here.  

Hey sweet boy!

Ah, it's my birthday boy!

Oliver & Gramps -- Miles was having a Mommy moment and didn't want to let go of me. 
I'm so glad my Dad was here to celebrate with us. We dragged him to everything we did this week and he was such a good sport.  He even helped to reclaim Miles shoe after it was lost at the somewhere around this picture.  

So Gramps to a picture of me and my boys in front of the waterfall too.  

This may be my favorite picture of Oliver all month!

Miles looks a little scared of the flash here -- it is REALLY bright. 

Silly boys!

Miles thought it would be fun to hang onto the bar and look upside down

Right after the manatees hugged, I missed it. 

This picture settled it for me.  In addition to being really fast, my new camera has awesome quality too.  So happy with my decision!

Another penguin just relaxing on the rocks

In the shark tunnel shortly after feeding, watch out Miles there is something coming for you!


aaah, he is right behind you! 

Oh good, you just decided to have a seat on him!  :)

I wish I could see what you see!

Miles & Gramps taking a rest.  

Oliver's favorite flamingos.

Cutie!

ADORABLE!!!  He was looking at the flamingos wearing  his big brother's sunglasses, with this face propped up on his little hand and and when I asked him if I could take a picture, he left it there.  Ah, I can't get enough of this birthday boy.

And here my boys are a few days after the trip with their beloved souvenirs.   Oliver's favorite animal at the DWA was the flamingo so he picked the flamingo stuffed animal and Miles just loved this little monkey.  Both pink.  Go figure.  Oh well, pink is just a color, right?  :)  By the way, I NEVER would have gotten this fabulous picture of them both smiling at the camera so cutely with my old camera.  So, so happy!  

1 comment:

Mike said...

That was a fun day. You got some great pictures. Thanks for letting me share the day with you guys.

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts