Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog
The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!
So I've been up late every night for the last two weeks preparing for this day and it is finally here and I am so pleased with the results. Our little boy Miles had his second birthday party at Gymboree Play & Music. We invited family and friends and a good time was had by all. Miles favorite Gymboree instructor Ms. Alicia did a fantastic job and Miles was thrilled to have her be there. I would do it over again in a heart beat. :) Prepare for picture overload!
 |
| The darling Gymboree cake I had custom made by Elizabeth's Cakes in Plano. I was so happy when I opened the box and Gymbo was staring back at me!
|
 |
| A side view: all the colors matched the Gymboree colors and of course the border had to be orange because orange is Miles favorite color! |
 |
| The Gymboree Party crew set up the party room and although it wasn't exactly what I had in mind, I am still happy with it! :) |
 |
| These are my Sneaky Chef cupcakes and I thought they turned out so cute. I almost had one of these instead of the cake, but I couldn't resist that cute Gymbo! |
 |
| The other side of the table with the birthday banner I made using customized printable from Mimi's Dollhouse and I got the popcorn cone idea from Bridgey Widgey complete with Gymboree colored popcorn. We also had Gymboree colored fruit cups and Gymboree sprinkled cookie. Please forgive the hand sanitizer and other various things I didn't realize would be left on the party table. |
 |
| Close-up of the Gymboree colored popcorn cones |
 |
| Yummy Gymboree colored cookies |
 |
| The party room all set up |
 |
| Look at these cute custom water bottle labels from Mimi's Dollhouse |
 |
A little closer.
Let the Party Begin! |
 |
| The party is calling out Gymbo to the tune of "We Will Rock You". We want, we want Gymbo! |
 |
| Miles preferred to observe everyone else calling out Gymbo |
 |
| Wake up Gymbo, wake up! |
 |
| Penny trying out the airlog slide with Gymbo |
 |
| Brooklyn and Addison were not too thrilled about Gymbo, so they chose to hang out with Grammy instead. |
 |
| Oliver absolutely LOVED the slide and Gymbo! I think he had just as much fun at Miles party as Miles did. |
 |
| Next we all had a musical instrument parade, the children loved that! |
 |
| I think the drums were quite literally the hit of the parade with my boys! |
 |
| Gymbo was trying to get Miles to give him five which wasn't happening at this point, but he was surely captivated by him! |
 |
| Dancing with maracas and scarves is always a fun event. |
 |
| It's time to go but not before we get some photos with Gymbo. Miles, Oliver & Ace were are only takers. Cute! |
 |
| Bye Gymbo (notice Miles pulling away). :) He did actually give him a hug and a high five before he left of his on volition. I promise. |
 |
| A big party bubble just for Miles. |
 |
| Love this picture. |
 |
| Yay, it's parachute time! |
 |
| Popping popcorn was a crowd favorite for children and grownups alike. |
 |
| Miles popping! |
 |
| Inside the parachute house. |
 |
We made thunder and sang itsy bitsy spider. So fun!
And then it was off to the party room |
 |
| Miles ready to party! |
 |
| I think he is wondering where the cake is? |
 |
| Sweet little Oliver |
 |
| Jordan |
 |
| Addison |
 |
| Brooklyn |
 |
| Ace |
 |
| Will |
 |
| Birthday boy again |
 |
| Waiting patiently for Ehson to hand out the snacks. We lost a couple of our party guests that had to go home early before the cake because it was his party too. We were happy Parsa (our neighbor) could make it! |
 |
| mmm...cookies |
 |
| Miles wants some of what he is having. |
 |
| The cake with the darling polka dot candle |
 |
| Just look at that face. I think he LOVED his cake! |
 |
| Now it's time to blow out the candle. |
 |
| Blow hard. |
 |
| Harder Miles. I promise it isn't a trick candle. Poor little guy started to get sad. |
 |
| Poor little guy. Luckily Daddy and big brother were there to save the day! |
Above you'll find a video of us signing Happy Birthday to Miles and of the whole candle fiasco.
 |
| Cake cute and delicious! I'm in love! |
 |
| My favorite picture of the day. Happy Second Birthday sweet little boy! |
 |
| Miles friend Will from Gymboree. We were so glad Will and him mom Shannon could come! |
 |
| Cute cousins Addison and Brooklyn enjoying cake. They were so nice to come all the way from Mansfield even though they had to leave their baby sister behind. |
 |
| Oliver & his friend Jordan. Thanks for coming to the party Jordan! |
 |
| Most of the party crew. We were missing Jake, our most awesome photographer, my friend Heather (Jordan's mom who is also taking a photo), Miles friend and his mom and Miles friend Parsa and his Dad who had already left the party when this was taken. |
 |
| My little family. Notice my cute little balloon wreath in the back of the picture. I didn't know 300 un-inflated balloons could look so good, but it sure was fun to make! |
 |
| I love this picture! |
 |
| My boys with Ms. Alicia. She was awesome! |
 |
| Gymbo stamps, Gymbo stamps, where do you want your Gymbo stamps? Not on your nose, yes on your toes, show me where your Gymbo goes. :) |
 |
| The best way to finish off a cake |
 |
| Ooh, I just love that face! |
Thank you Miles for
having the most fun birthday party yet! We all loved it and you made it
soooo special! Mommy, Daddy & big brother love you!
--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲
Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)
Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts
1 comment:
I loved all the pictures of the party. I can see he had a great time. I am so glad I got to come down and see you guys it was the best.
LYL Dad
Post a Comment