Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oliver can put on his own shoes!

This morning Oliver and I were going outside to play and I asked him to find his shoes. He showed them to me, and I told him to hold on a second and I would help in put them on. Before I knew it he was exclaiming "Mommy, shoes", "Mommy, shoes", and I turned around and sure enough he had put on his shoes on the correct feed no less. Sure they were slip on crocs, but I think that is pretty great for an almost 23 month old. I was so proud and as you will see, so was he. Here is a picture of him holding up his feet to show me what he did!


I have heard that children will play with toys differently at different stages. I have noticed how true that statement is lately. Oliver received this lawn mower for his first birthday and has enjoyed pushing it around and pretending to mow. Well today it was like a whole new toy for him. He started playing with the musical part of it that plays the ABC's (which we are currently working on) and another button sounds like you are filling it with gas, and a third sings a song about mowing. He got such a kick out of it that I had to grab my camera again. Too cute!


1 comment:

michele said...

He is turning into a little man!!! He is so cute and I can't believe how much older he seems compared to when you were here in May. He is Darling!! GOOD JOB OLIVER!!! Love you, Aunt Shell

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts