Some updates on Oliver's development: Oliver has become quite a talker this month. He tries to say more things every day. It is funny how quickly the sign drops off once he masters the word for it. For example, truck was a sign that he used probably every other minute then yesterday he began saying "truck" while we were running errands and he hasn't used the sign since. Unfortunately, Oliver has been having some intermittent short naps and as a result a few more temper tantrums, but I believe that is because he is cutting his 14th and 15th teeth -- both canine, one on top and the other on bottom. He is still very strong willed and tests his limits and boundaries quite often. I think Oliver's favorite word is "play", and we hear it non-stop when it is time to get ready to eat, or take a bath. He has turned into a little climber and I don't think there is anything he can't get if given the correct conditions. Luckily we have rubber feet on the bottom of our chairs so he hasn't figured out that he can move the chairs to climb yet.
Some other things of note: We purchased a booster seat for him this past month because he was really interested in sitting in Mommy & Daddy's chairs instead of his high chair. But as it turns out, he still really likes his high chair for eating and the booster seat is now his activity chair (for coloring, painting, etc.) We are loving the cool weather we have had for the past couple of days. I think Oliver would be most happy if we could spend all day every day outside playing. He has developed an increased liking for his farm set that we bought him for his birthday last year. He loves the song Old MacDonald had a Farm. He picks the farm animal, says it's sound, and sings the chorus so cute: E-I-E-I-O! One of the biggest surprises over the past month is his current obsession with Winnie the Pooh. We purchased his first Pooh video recently and every time he sees the TV, he tells me he wants to watch "Winnie Pooh". Next time you talk to Oliver ask him what Winnie the Pooh likes to eat and he will gladly tell you "hunny".
Despite Oliver's temper tantrums he is still so incredibly sweet! I just can't get enough of him and I hate having to leave him almost every day. I love how he still wants to snuggle in my lap when I read him stories. I love how he wants to help me with everything I do. I love when he says Amen at the end of of family prayer. I love when he giggles at silly things I say or do, and how he still loves to get tickle kisses from Mommy. I love that he acts so big in everything he does and loves to rough house with Daddy, but if he gets hurt or sad he still wants Mommy. Oh I could do this I love stuff all day, but for now I'll just leave you with his 23 month old pictures as well as a short video of him wishing himself "Happy Day Ollie":
and my three favorites...
Happy Day Ollie video:
click the arrow to play
click the arrow to play

3 comments:
I just love to hear him talk. I wish we did not have to go so long with out seeing him. I love the blog to see what we are missing.
LYL Gramps
He is soooo darling Pam! I love to see how much he looks like you! What an angel. I can remember those days with one child. It was sooo dang fun. Life is still fun, i have just added a little craziness as well! It would be so fun to get together with you again. Any Vegas trips planned?
Hey how do you get videos on your blog?
Post a Comment