Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Reminiscing about the Good Old Days

Oliver's exersaucer was one of his favorite toys during his first year. It had so many different activities, it could keep him occupied long enough for me to do something I needed to do like cook dinner, laundry, etc. I officially put the exersaucer away over a year ago, but given that we don't have a basement, away for me is shoved in a closet somewhere. Lately, every time I hang up clothes in Oliver's closet, he has been fascinated with the dragon puppet and has a cute little conversation with it that goes something like "Hi, Hi (in a deep voice), good, good (in a deep voice), bye , bye (in a deep voice)". His conversational skills are really coming along and he loves to vary the tone and pitch of his voice, so it is actually pretty funny to listen to (probably much better than reading it).

Anyway, today I asked Oliver if he wanted me to take the dragon out so he could see it better and of course he emphatically responded, "Yeah"! That meant taking out the top of the exersaucer. What happened next was completely amazing to me. He immediately went over and sat in the center and played with all the toys just like he used to. I don't know if he remembered playing in it and therefore remembered sitting in the center, or if the hole in the center just looked like a good place to sit. Of course after giving each of the toys their fair share of attention with touch and sight, his toddler tendencies kicked in and he preceded to step on, kick and try to detach every toy from the exersaucer. Needless to say, shortly after that began the exersaucer was back in the closet to be saved for another day. Here are some pictures of him playing with it ever so nicely.


No comments:

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts