Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Oliver turned TWO, so we went to ZOO!

So the big day that we have anticipated is finally here; hooray, my little boy is TWO years old! When I asked Oliver what he wanted to do for his birthday, I gave him two options: the zoo or the state fair. He instantly responded zoo because he wanted to see the donkeys, the camels and the elephants. Unfortunately, the camel exhibit is no more, the donkeys were off exhibit and the elephant was inside eating his lunch. But it was a perfect morning for the zoo and we made the most of the animals we did see. Oliver enjoyed experiencing the zoo with his Grammy & Gramps. Be warned, this is a very long post!
Can we go yet? Oliver was ready for the zoo, and just waiting for the rest of us.
Since we weren't quite ready, he decided to lay down and wait with a cute smile!
This is Oliver's car seat cozy pose that he assumes when he is tired.
We made it to the zoo. First stop, feed the birds in the aviary.
Next stop, a short pony ride with Daddy -- so much fun!
Oliver loved petting the fluffy bunny in the petting zoo.

I don't think I want to crawl inside there...but, you can!

Oliver practicing his hopping skills with some kangaroos

Daddy showing Oliver the monkeys

The monkeys looking at Oliver

Oliver & Gramps looking for the camels near where they once were

Oliver so cute, yet a little disappointed at the lack of camels

Oliver & Gramps looking at one of three huge Rhinos

check out the size of those horns!

Oliver & Gramps looking for the tiger

here he is!

my silly little birthday boy!

PRICELESS!

Oliver & Grammy walking up to see the giraffes and the elephant who wished not to be photographed as they were busy eating lunch

Back with Gramps now to see an enormous turtle

The turtle came out of his house to say hello!

Hold on tight Oliver, don't fall off!

Oliver & Daddy sneaking up on a squirrel


Mommy & Oliver taking a rest

Time for tickle-kisses from Daddy
Now time for birthday kisses from Mommy & Daddy

Awww...A birthday family photograph (thanks gramps!)

Oliver goes exploring the picnic area by himself (of course I'm not far behind with my camera)

I think Oliver didn't like the placement of the elephant. He kept trying to push it!

I liked the one of Mommy, Oliver & Grammy on the carousel

Grammy, Oliver & Gramps on the ride home

This is the first of three posts for Oliver's birthday. I'll post his present opening and his party as soon as I have time. Happy Birthday Honey Pie! Mommy & Daddy love you!

2 comments:

michele said...

How fun!! I love the picture of Oliver, you and Clayton. He looks just like his Daddy in that one. You look great!! So young. No wrinkles, what are you doing?

Heidi Bingham said...

I love the pictures!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun. I can't wait to take Lilley to the zoo...we were going to go on this trip but I got really sick yesterday, the only day we had open for the zoo...next time. Anyway, love the pictures....Oliver is a cutie!

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts