Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Behold the beauty we found in East Dallas today

Oliver and I visited the Dallas Arboretum this morning and we had such an incredibly good time. Every year the arboretum has an event called Dallas Blooms and Tuesday is Tiny Tot day with a petting zoo, face painting, music and crafts for the children. They had 450,000 bulbs in bloom and countless other annuals and perennials that were absolutely gorgeous! In addition to all the flowers and fun, they had these adorable Storybook Playhouses strewn throughout the garden each based off of a classic children's story. The temperature was in the low 70's, overcast, and a little rainy near the end of our trip. Even though we were a little soggy, we had a great time and we even purchased a membership so we can go back again. Oliver was planning our next trip before he went to bed tonight! :)

Inside The Teremok playhouse -- A Russian Folktale



Steering the beautiful pea green boat from The Owl and the Pussy Cat

Inside The Little Prince playhouse



Oliver loved brushing the animals!

In the garden from City Green where cabbage was growing -- Oliver pretended he was Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh

They had four of these huge frogs spitting water to form a fountain in the center -- Oliver was impressed!

Sometimes I feel like I am looking in a mirror when Oliver uses these expressions while he is trying to tell me something -- this is totally me!

So big standing by the Crepe Myrtles

rows and rows of beautiful flowers

These were one of my favorites!


Oliver inside the playhouse from Alice in Wonderland. I think he drank the tea that made him too big for the house! :)

One fish, two fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss

James and the Giant Peach

tulips and daffodils
Oliver watched parts of Bambi for the first time last week and he has been enamoured with it ever since. As soon as he saw these deer, he instantly said Bambi and ran right to them. So cute!




Oliver and the Jolly Roger from Peter Pan

Oliver posing so cute for the Volunteers in front of the Witch's house from Hansel & Gretel. I couldn't get him to look at me!

Inside the land wrecked ship from Treasure Island

Taking a little rest...hey who is that behind me?!?


I want one of these in my back yard!

look at Mommy

Please look at Mommy

Alright, I'll look, but your are going to get my cheesy grin! :)


This last one is a video of Oliver running thinking he is going to get to ride on a tractor, I love to see him run!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, Beautiful flowers!! I also want one of those trees in my backyard. That looks like a very fun place. Oliver is so cute!! That expression he made, I agree is totally you!!

Dennis and Bonnie Danielson said...

What a cool field trip! Oliver is absolutely adorable. I am so amazed by all of the cute little places to visit. I think I could go there weekly. You live in a beautiful place!

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts