Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Friday, March 27, 2009

The sneaky chef HELPS again!

Okay, I have to tell you that when I started I never thought I could pull this one off. So Oliver is an incredibly PICKY eater. I can probably count on one hand the number of main courses he will eat; his meals generally consist of several side dishes. One of the things he will eat that I don't have to feed him, or otherwise coerce (aka bribe) him to eat is pancakes. I have been hesitant to do anything with them, for fear that he would move pancakes to the "I don't like that" list. But The Sneaky Chef herself, made a quick fix for boxed pancakes mixes that I thought Oliver might go for. So I tried. This is a picture of my chocolate pancakes. The batter looked disgusting and was a little too runny, so I added baking powder like I do to normal pancakes and here is the result:

He loved them! This is Oliver's third pancake.

I love my Sneaky Chef cookbook. We are doing great with sneaking in healthy ingredients to foods he will already eat, now somehow I just need to get him to try new foods. This kid won't even try mashed potatoes...hello, does anyone not like mashed potatoes??? Any suggestions?

I just had to throw this one in here. When I returned from the gym and grocery shopping at 8:15 am yesterday morning, Oliver was still fast asleep. This is what I found when I went to wake him. SOOO sweet!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I have a similar cookbook-Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld-It has some pretty yummy recipes in which you add veggie purees. The mashed potatoes are made with cauliflower puree added. They are pretty tasty. The problem I have is that two of mine can read! I have to be VERY sneaky when I cook from this book! Good luck!

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts