Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm Mommy!

I took Oliver to the doctor yesterday morning because his cough became scary for me overnight, and they determined it was just a virus giving him all this trouble and that he wasn't contagious any longer since he had been without fever for over 24 hours. His cough is still interrupting his sleep, and that has been really difficult for my little guy since actually falling asleep is something we have had to work on since we was like a month old. Hopefully he will be feeling up to all the fun we have planned this weekend with his cousins in town.

On a positive note, I learned at his doctors office that he now weighs 28.3 lbs. That is an almost three pound gain since December, so that places him a lot closer to 50% then he was at his 2 year check-up. Hooray for Oliver! As you will see in the pictures, he is still tall and skinny...just not so skinny! :)

So on now to the reason for the post: Last night Oliver found a bag of mine in the closet and put it around his neck and started declaring that he was Mommy. He then proceeded to say that Daddy was Oliver and Mommy was Daddy...pretty complicated for a two year old, eh? We asked Mommy (who is really Oliver) what Mommy should do for Oliver. He decided that she should buy him a Dinoco Blue Lightning McQueen (which I really did last weekend). The funny part of the whole story is that without prompting, Mommy (which is really Oliver) had to wash Lightning McQueen before he could have it. Those of you who know me well, know exactly why he did this...I admit, I am a little bit of a germ freak! :) I was both amused and impressed with my little boy all at the same time. :) It is always interesting to see yourself in another's eyes.

Here he is showing off his Mommy bag. For those of you who may be wondering, no I do not parade around the house in my underwear with a bag ! That is one he did not learn through example! :)

Daddy & Oliver having fun together

Oliver loves his Daddy, but in this case, Mommy was actually hugging Oliver! :)

No comments:

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts