I was able to capture one of those unplanned, hilarious moments, when my little guy took one of my expressions literally this evening. But before you see it, here is the story leading up to it.
First, sleep does not come easily for Oliver. As he gets older, he gets stronger and is able to resist sleep even more. Lately, we have added laps around our house to our nightly routine. We run around the entire house five times yelling and giggling trying to get all of his excess energy out. Near the end of our laps tonight, without thinking, I jumped up on an ottoman and jumped off. Oliver has always had a healthy fear of heights. Translation: he would do anything with Mommy or Daddy's help, but was nervous to do things on his own. I was so surprised when he jumped up and tried it too. His jump really made me nervous; it's this one legged jump and I am afraid he is going to break something. So I got something to break his fall and let him practice a few times. I grabbed the camera to document the moment.
This video was supposed to be about Oliver losing his healthy fear of heights, but it turned into something much funnier. Okay, watch the video, trust me...it's funny!

2 comments:
He is way smart. He sure knows. I love seeing and hearing him.
LYL Gramps
Yes, yes, we did stop by and it made me very sad that you weren't home at the moment. But it was totally unplanned and we thought we'd see if y'all were there.
I love this video. Too cute. I can see you two have so much fun together!
Post a Comment