Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Friday, June 19, 2009

First time for everything

Last night, as I was giving Oliver his bath, we were brushing his teeth near the end as we always do. He told me he needed to pee and I asked if he could hold it while we finished. He said I don't know and a few seconds later told me he went pee in his water. Well I went about emptying out the water to rinse him and his toys off and he told me "Mommy, I really need to pee". He said he wanted to sit on his toilet so I grabbed a towel and off we went.

Insert a little background here. I have no interest in forcing potty training. We do talk about going potty quite often, I just want it to happen whenever he is ready. Plus, I have never dreaded one single diaper change and I can only imagine that finding a place to go potty will be so much more difficult than changing a soiled diaper in my car. Having said that, Oliver has had two toilets since he was 18 months old. He was interested in them when they first arrived, but the interest waned until about two months ago. He sat bare on the toilet for the first time just about a month ago when we purchased Lighting McQueen underwear that he said he wanted.

So back to last night, I sat him on the potty and told him to pretend like he had a diaper on and just relax, and surprising to both of us, he did. I didn't know his little bladder could hold so much! He had the biggest smile and the only person more proud of him than Clayton and I is Oliver. He kept on telling me as we were getting ready for bed, "Mommy, I peed in the toilet." Now he is just really excited to wear his Lightning McQueen underwear. I am sure there is a long road ahead of us, but I am so proud of my little guy!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Awesome!! Congrats Oliver what a BIG BOY!!! Good Luck on the potty training. The experience with my boys was that when they decided they were ready it was actually really easy and minimal accidents.

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts