Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

I jinxed my little guy

I was reading my friend's blog post from the other day (you should read her blog, she is an engaging story teller), and while I was feeling so bad for her little guy, I was thinking about how my little guy, aside from an occasional knee scrape, hasn't had any injuries lately. Boy did I jinx Oliver.

Oliver and I had just returned home from some morning errands and he asked if we could play in the garage while we ate lunch. It wasn't too hot, so I agreed, but I needed to use the restroom so we came inside really quickly. Oliver waited for me in the utility room like he always does, and just as I flushed the toilet I heard a big thump and then crying. I dashed into the utility room and found him slumped over a chair crying. My first instinct was to make sure there was no blood and then to console my little guy. After the crying finally subsided, I found this huge bump on his forehead and from what I could gather, he was sitting on the chair trying to reach up to touch something over his head and fell off and bumped his head on the chair. Can I just say how bad I feel that I wasn't there and don't know exactly what happened??? I am still kicking myself.

I don't think the following pictures really do it justice, it is huge. Clayton and I feel this may be the worst head contusion he has ever had. Poor guy, sorry I jinxed you.

These pictures were taken about 6 hours after the injury. Today marks four days since the injury and it is turning yellowish brown.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Poor little man. Its so sad when they get hurt.

tloves7 said...

It's going to match his Daddy's bump on his forehead! Tell Clayton to watch out for those flagpoles!!

Jessica said...

I hate those big goose egg bumps! It's so hard to see them get hurt.

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts