Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My whole fam went to the zoo!

Well almost the whole family. Unfortunately, Clayton, Debbie and Travis weren't able to make it, but everyone else was at the Hogle Zoo for about 15 minutes at the same time. We had such a great time seeing everyone...oh ya, and the animals too! :) I have so many memories of this zoo from when I was a child, so it was fun to take Oliver back here!

the kids were fascinated by this spinning water ball at the entrance of the zoo

This huge elephant makes noise and spits water at random. Oliver did not like it and he didn't want to sit on it, nor did he want me to sit on it. Aunt Shell gladly cooperated for a picture! :)

Some of our favorite animals at the zoo

Savannah and Oliver planning something at the zoo

Madi wanted Gramps to hold her, I thought this was sweet!

I don't know how many times I turned around and Savannah was carrying Oliver. They were good buddies at the zoo today!

Oliver loved having a picture map. He pointed out the animals that he really wanted to see and we went for them! His picks were the zebras and the Madagascar exhibit.

Preston, Oliver and Savannah doing some more map reading

I thought these three were so cute together!

Look at Madi, so grown up!

Taking a break in the Giraffe house.

Three generations: my brother Jerone, my mom and Jerone's oldest Riley

Doesn't Oliver look terrified in the bottom left picture? He really wasn't that frightened, just timing on the picture I guess! :)

The last thing we did at the zoo was watch the bird show and that is when April and her kids came. Luckily Oliver took this picture of Alex. Unfortunately we only saw them for about two minutes our entire trip.

Madi, Emily, Oliver and I were the only ones brave enough for the Madagascar exhibit. Really, the others were just tired and so we hurried and went in while the others walked to the gift shop! :)

Such a cute picture of Oliver with three of Michele's girls: (left to right) Emily, Avery, Oliver & Madi

After the zoo we went back to my sister Michele's house. Oliver loved meeting Madi's new bunny named Hopper.

Michele and Travis took Madi to a school open house, and I got to play with Layla. She was so tired from the zoo that she thought this tummy time position was cozy enough to sleep in for a while! :)


And last, here is a video of Oliver attempting the Hula Hoop. Too cute not to share!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Looks like fun. I LOVE the zoo. I need to get there and see all the new baby animals.

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts