A potty story:
When Oliver was about 18 months old I bought him a couple of potty chairs for our bathrooms and some books to introduce the subjects. He seemed interested at first and he would sit on them fully clothed whenever we went. He wasn't interested in sitting on them bare, and soon his interested waned and my time was stretched thin because I was in school. Fast forward to about eight months ago; I have more time since I was finished with school, and we started working on the whole potty thing again. We got some new books, and although it took him a while to become interested again, he finally showed some interest. It started out with potty right before bath time. When that was going well, we bought him some Lightening McQueen underwear which he loved. One day when he had a diaper rash, we decided to try them out. In 5-6 hours, he had 5 or 6 accidents and we went right back to the diaper changing table. We kept on reading and going at night and a couple months later we tried again. He did well, but I was always the one asking him if he needed to go and if I forgot to ask, then he would have an accident. He still wasn't ready.
We went on vacation and when we came back we started talking about trying underwear again and he would tell me he wasn't ready. For almost two months we talked about trying again after his birthday. I bought him some new tractor and airplane underwear and was ready to give it another go this week, but he beat me to it.
After we had opened his gifts on his birthday, I was in the kitchen when Oliver ran up to his Daddy and said "I need to go poopy and I want to do it in the toilet". They quickly went into the bathroom and Oliver did his business and then exclaimed that he wanted to wear underwear because he was a big boy now. He came running out to tell me and he was so proud of himself. This was one proud Mommy moment. For the last six days he has been without diapers except for naps and bed time. He has gone at restaurants, on regular toilets and even standing up and has only had one small accident because he was trying to hold it for too long.
I'm so proud of my little guy! Go Oliver!
Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog
The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲
Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)
Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts
-
►
2012
(15)
- ► March 2012 (1)
-
►
2011
(79)
- ► November 2011 (8)
- ► October 2011 (1)
- ► September 2011 (2)
- ► April 2011 (15)
- ► March 2011 (9)
- ► February 2011 (18)
- ► January 2011 (25)
-
►
2010
(195)
- ► December 2010 (25)
- ► November 2010 (25)
- ► October 2010 (17)
- ► September 2010 (18)
- ► August 2010 (13)
- ► April 2010 (10)
- ► March 2010 (7)
- ► February 2010 (12)
-
▼
2009
(205)
- ► December 2009 (15)
- ▼ October 2009 (17)
- ► September 2009 (10)
- ► August 2009 (21)
- ► April 2009 (21)
- ► March 2009 (21)
- ► February 2009 (19)
-
►
2008
(103)
- ► December 2008 (17)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (24)
- ► September 2008 (11)
- ► August 2008 (16)
- ► April 2008 (1)
- ► March 2008 (1)
- ► February 2008 (1)
- ► January 2008 (1)
-
►
2007
(12)
- ► December 2007 (1)
- ► November 2007 (1)
- ► October 2007 (1)
- ► September 2007 (1)
- ► August 2007 (1)
- ► April 2007 (1)
- ► March 2007 (1)
- ► February 2007 (1)
- ► January 2007 (1)
-
►
2006
(4)
- ► December 2006 (1)
- ► November 2006 (1)
- ► October 2006 (1)
- ► March 2006 (1)

3 comments:
Yeah!!! Way to go Oliver!! That is a great accomplishment!!One we are waiting for patiently at our house:) It is so true that when they are ready it will just happen.
Congrats! Tell Oliver Happy Late #3Birthday for us. Did he have a fun birthday?
Go Oliver! I'm so glad I am one of your friends, because YOU are one of my favorite people to play with too. SLY Robynn
Congratulations! That is such a big achievement for all of you-Oliver for doing it on his own, and you guys for having the patience to let him. You are great parents.
Post a Comment