Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Friday, February 5, 2010

It seems hard to believe it has been over a month since I last blogged. I have always loved spending my time updating this blog with pictures, however when you are as far behind as I am, it is easy to let it keep getting further behind. I have been debating on whether to update my blog with past pictures, or just move forward and I have finally decided on an in between solution: I am going to begin blogging forward and as for the past, I'll post date and add in the those updates when I have time. For those of you receiving my posts by e-mail, please bare with the old pictures.

As for now, here is a little update on our family:

Oliver continues to be the light of our day. He is so smart and is usually so sweet. He is very excited to be a big brother and often talks to my tummy and wants to include the baby in things we do. He does things all the time that amaze me. The other night he asked me in what year our home was built and when I told him a long time before he was born in 1996, he said "Oh, I thought it was like in the 1960's". I have no idea where that came from because as far as I know, this child doesn't even know what year it is today. Oliver is one of the most strong willed three year olds I know; both Clayton and I agree that he gets that from me. Listening and cooperation are things we work on every day. Oliver works towards rewards for going a set number of days without timeouts. He is currently working towards a track expansion kit to go with his beloved GeoTrax train set Santa brought him for Christmas. He is still fascinated by all things transportation including cars, garbage trucks, tractors, construction equipment, airplanes...not so much boats, but I bet if he ever rode on one, he would be.

The baby seems to be growing well, and so far, everything is normal. For the last week and a half, I feel the baby move a little more each day. Both Clayton and Oliver are excited for the time when they will be able to feel the baby move. We just started talking about names, and we are not even in the ballpark of making a decision...there is still plenty of time for that. However, my calender has made me realize I have a 20 week sonogram next week which means I am half way. Wow, that first 20 really went fast. This week I took down Oliver's newborn and 0-3 month size clothes to try to help me decide what I need to buy. It seems that I may need to buy a few things since Oliver and the baby are different seasons, but we are well prepared for the most part.

Clayton is busy with work and school as usual. He is taking two of the last three classes he needs before he qualifies to take the CPA examination. Fortunately, both of the classes he is taking are online which means he doesn't have to travel to South Dallas this semester. Clayton's weekends are spent playing with Oliver, which is exactly how the two of them want to spend it. I really love how much the two of them enjoy each other's company and I envy how Clayton can just completely be in the moment with Oliver. I couldn't have picked a better Daddy-O!

I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to get our home and lives back in order after being in Salt Lake for a month. It is definitely bitter sweet to be home. I don't know what it is about this pregnancy, but it seems like it takes me at least twice as long to do anything. It probably doesn't help that I have had a cold since the middle of December which my doctor says is completely normal. Really, a month and a half is normal??? She said that your immune system doesn't function normally when you are pregnant so your body doesn't reject the baby, so it takes a long time to get rid of anything. I really hope I am not going to be sick for the duration of my pregnancy. As a result of being sick and pregnant, it took forever to put away Christmas, but I am happy to report that aside for our outdoor lighting, it was all put away as of last Sunday. On a completely happy note, I made my goal at 24 Hour Fitness and will be ordering my free bodybugg in the next couple of days. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much of the gym in the last month, but I am hoping to gather up the energy to go back tomorrow for my 8:00 AM 24 S.E.T class. I guess now that I am showing more, I am going to have to invest in some maternity exercise clothes. Oliver and I started another session of Mommy & Me class at the Spanish Schoolhouse today and it was fun to have something normal to attend and see some of the people from last session. I don't know if we will start back at gymnastics or not, as we are not certain when we will be heading back to Salt Lake, nor for how long, but I know Oliver misses it. Maybe I will have to talk Clayton into a trampoline since that was Oliver's favorite part! :)

Nap time is over now, but look for pictures soon!

No comments:

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts