My mom had been sick since I went to see her a few weeks ago. She unfortunately had a set back with a blood clot in her lung and then pneumonia on top of that. Her stay in hospital along with an inability to hold food down for a while left her in a very weakened state. But she finally was able to go home and that along with receiving fluid nutrients, working on eating more, and also working with a physical therapist has made her feel much better. Being in the hospital is not a fun experience for anyone! She had been home from the hospital for a week when this was taken and I think she looks so good! Some other good news is her Oncologist says the chemotherapy has continued to shrink her tumors even since they last checked a couple of months ago, so after she regained her strength, she was able to start up her treatments again this past Tuesday. Our entire family is so grateful for the miracle granted to us to have the Chemotherapy actually work!
My mom said she had a wonderful Mother's Day. She was able to see and spend time with each of her four children and twelve (almost lucky thirteen) grandchildren. Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you and feel so grateful to have you as my mother! Thanks for being a great example of motherhood!
I loved this video of Oliver wishing my mom Happy Mother's Day!




1 comment:
I LOVE your Happy Mother's Day pictures. I'm so glad you got to spend that special day together. Who would have thought a cold was a blessing. See you soon.
Post a Comment