Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Oliver!

I can't believe Oliver is four years old already. These last four years have been amazing! At his four year old well check, we found Oliver is 32 lbs. (5-10 percentile) , and 40 in. tall (50th percentile). He received four shots which he didn't like very much, but he was so brave and only cried for a minute.

Oliver is one of the most friendly kids I know, he is so outgoing and loves talking to people; I love this quality about him and I hope he never changes. He LOVES his baby brother and is constantly giving him loves and cooing with him. Transportation vehicles are his ongoing obsession: Planes, trains, garbage trucks, cars, trucks, construction vehicles...you name it, he likes it! Fantasy play is still his game of choice. Lately, mail carrier, airline pilot and FedEx Delivery driver are his favorite things to play. He also enjoys building with blocks, painting, coloring with chalk, playing with play-doh, and pretty much anything else Daddy wants to do. Oliver LOVES playing with his Daddy and relishes every opportunity to do so. He is also very silly and loves making silly faces and doing things to make us laugh!

Oliver has enjoyed preschool. He has made some new friends and the songs they sing are his favorite. He is picking up the Spanish language much more quickly than I thought he would and he loves to teach Miles new words. We are working our way through a Preschool workbook at home and Oliver is soooo smart! He is writing most of the letters very well, and is eager to learn what he doesn't already know. "How is _________ spelled" is one of his most common questions lately.

We pretty much love every bit of this little guy and I couldn't be more proud or happy to be his Mommy!

Here are pictures from his birthday:

For starters, we had HUGE face sized cinnamon rolls from Bread Winners that were SO yummy!

see a video of candle on the huge cinnamon roll

What was I thinking? We don't even have enough storage for all the stuff he had before, now there is even more and Christmas is just around the corner. :)


Baby brother got him the Double dump truck he has been wanting

Mommy & cousin Robynn had the same idea, now he has two! Perfect for a boy who loves playing FedEx!

I love his little tongue sticking out!




video of Oliver trying out his blower for the first time





LOVE the look on his face here, it must have been wrapped really good!


Helping Daddy build his art easel

Clayton is soooo patient with him





one of his favorite gifts!

Oliver was SPOILED, check out that loot! :) Happy Fourth Birthday Oliver!


All Oliver's presents


1 comment:

Lori said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVER!! It looks like he had a great day. I can't believe how fast our babies our growing up, its crazy!!

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts