This year we decided to have Oliver's first friend birthday party. Oliver and I thought it might be fun to have it at ASI Gymnastics, where he has taken gymnastics for the last year. We have been preparing excitedly for the last month. Oliver had a last minute theme change from trains to planes, which was very difficult considering there are no plane theme party ware, but it all worked out in the end. We had a small turnout for the party considering 10 children RSVP'd yes, but it may have been even better for Oliver that way. It was so much fun for him to be at a place he was comfortable and yet have all the things he normally works on be unstructured...he loved it! He had a great time and has talked about it every day for the past week. The party coordinators Dillon and Rob couldn't have been more fun! Cousin Robynn even came and helped with holding Miles for me until he just couldn't handle the loud music anymore. Poor baby! He was a great sport though!
Coach Dillon, Oliver, Aurora, Ace, Jordan and Malachy
circle and game time
Oliver awaiting his gymnastics medal
The block pit
Aurora was the only one that would swing -- she also goes to ASI
Oliver had a lot of fun making block towers with Daddy and Ace, but since Daddy was the photographer we didn't get any pictures of that
Here we are in the party room. Since Oliver LOVES turquoise, we went with turquoise table ware.
When I first saw the cake, all I could say was "oh my goodness, that is ONE turquoise cake!". I asked the bakery to make it look like a sky with some clouds and to make the sky turquoise. Not quite what I had in mind, but all that matters is Oliver LOVED it! :)
they started out singing Jingle Bells instead of Happy Birthday...all the kids thought that was funny!
Yumm, airplane cake!
look at that stained mouth!

opening his presents
getting some Cousin Robynn loves
Oliver & Jordan, his mom Heather and I went to UTD together.
Oliver & Malachy, they go to Spanish Schoolhouse together
Aurora, Oliver & Malachy, Spanish Scoolhouse buddies
I think the enormous plane balloon was his favorite thing at the party!
After the party, Aunt Tricia, Uncle Steven and Ace joined us at Oliver's favorite park for some play time before dinner. Then they joined us at Covino's, Oliver's favorite Italian restaurant.
And finally, Cousin Robynn joined us for dinner as well. She made Oliver a cool FedEx uniform that he loves! Thanks for coming Rob!
After a fun LONG day, going to sleep to rest up for another day of fun...Oliver's actual birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment