Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Miles Brown Royal is Ten Months Old!

My baby is not so babyish anymore, I guess he is almost a toddler since he has been cruising everywhere and walking with a walker for the last week. I took him to the doctor for an ear infection last week, and he weighed in at 20 lbs. 14 oz., how does that happen in three weeks? At his nine month appointment he was just 19 lbs. Must be all that food he is eating!

Miles LOVES to eat. In fact, Oliver said to me just the other day, Mommy it seems like a big part of your job is feeding Miles and I. YES! We spend a lot of our time in the kitchen, but a full tummy keeps Miles happy. :) He loves yogurt. He will beg for it whenever I even say the word yogurt. He also loves meat. He seems to like flavorful things, not so much on bland. He doesn't enjoy pasta (such a change from Oliver), but he will try anything he sees us eat. Just today Oliver was snacking on some cheese crackers on his way home from school and Miles was BEGGING his big brother for some. He LOVED them, no big surprise there!

Miles signing is really progressing. He signs now include: more, all done, fan, light, and I swear I saw him signing eat while he was begging Oliver for crackers today. He also waves bye bye and hello whenever he hears those words uttered. So cute! You're really lucky if he gives you a kiss, they are few and far between but his little open mouthed kisses melt my heart. He even wants to give them to Oliver! He also started babbling this month. Lots of bababa's and I have heard dadada a couple of times, but not to refer to Daddy yet. Squealing is still his preferred form of vocalization, he has excited, happy, content, sad, and frustrated squeals that all sound a lot alike!

Still a great sleeper. He started taking two big naps somewhere around 8 1/2 months, usually a two hour and a one hour which has cut his night time sleep down to about 12. However, these last couple of days he is trying to take just one nap which means he is back to about 14 hours at night.

He loves to make Oliver & Mommy laugh and will do things over and over again to elicit laughs. Peekaboo might be his favorite game, though he does like lap rides and patting hands too. He loves to follow Oliver around and do whatever Oliver is doing. He is so patient and really tolerant of toys being taken from him, although he is starting to protest a bit. He is also really tolerant of his big brother carrying him around. He seems more of go with the flow type of baby, not so strong willed; perhaps that just comes with being a second child.

Last, I don't think I have mentioned in any posts how much this baby LOVES his Daddy. Despite Clayton being so busy at work and traveling more often, Miles never ever hesitates to go to his Daddy. He just lights up when he walks in a room and wants to be right there with him. I think it has something to do with seeing how much Oliver loves his Daddy. It makes me happy!

Before I get to his monthly photo shoot, I just had to post these pictures. This is one of Miles favorite things to do lately, he loves to see the view from upside down. Silly boy! :)




And now onto my big walker baby:





a small melt down in the middle, but he recovered quickly


so cute from the back too!




We love you baby Miles! :)

No comments:

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts