Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bicycle riding

Oliver has a bicycle parade at school next week, so we have been practicing his bicycle riding skills on our driveway. Oliver has never liked riding his bicycle very much. A cold front blew through and the weather was a little cooler this morning, so we decided to take advantage of it and go for a walk. I suggested Oliver ride his bike, and although he resisted, he agreed it would be for the best so he could practice for his parade next week. And as it turns out, he LOVED it! You should have seen this kid go (you can in the video below). He was going so fast we couldn't even keep up with the stroller, he had to keep stopping for us. All his previous experience with bike riding has been on our driveway which although it is long, it does have quite a bit of an incline, so he is either going too fast down or having to pedal uphill and constantly turning. So glad he LOVES bike riding as much as I do. Now we can go for bike rides as family with our new wee one in the wee rider! :)


Check out Oliver's bike riding skills in the video above

After we arrived home from our walk, Oliver wanted to play in a little dirt patch where the grass is not growing in our front yard. Miles wanted to play too, so I put some socks and shoes on him.

He wasn't a big fan of the shoes.





You may be wondering, are they in their PJ's? Yep. Miles always stays in his PJ's until his first nap, and Oliver wanted to stay in his too even for our bike ride. That is one battle I chose not to have, so yep, they are playing outside in the dirt in pajamas. :)

I think Miles enjoys playing outside in the dirt just as much as his big brother does!

No comments:

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts