It is finally fall here: The temperatures have dropped, and the leaves are changing on most of the trees. It's beautiful and we love it. We took a walk today and collected fall leaves and sticks to make a fall wreath while we are waiting for our turkey tomorrow. We got lots of great leaves and we had an educating time exploring leaves in their different stages of drying. After we had collected enough leaves, we went to the park and played. Miles and Oliver both LOVE swinging, but unfortunately at this park the big boy swings and the baby swings are quite a distance away from each other. Oliver humored me a bit and swang in the baby swings for a little while so he could stay near us, but that lasted for about eight pushes. Miles followed Oliver around on the playground and tried out all the slides which he also loves doing. Finally, Oliver made his way over the the big boy swings and Miles of course wanted to follow. (Here is the reason for the Thankful post title) For some reason, I thought (or rather didn't think) that it would be okay for Miles to swing on a big boy swing if I just pushed him really slow and low. Well I got distracted looking at Oliver for one second and when I looked back Miles was heading for the gravel head first. I instantly grabbed him up and he just sobbed and sobbed in my arms. He hold on to me so tight and I just knew he must have been terrified. Poor baby; I felt SOOO bad! In one of the videos below I asked Miles if babies should swing in big boy swings shortly after he fell and he vehemently shook his head. Anyway, he is fine and I am so GRATEFUL for that!
This is Miles swinging in the baby swing as he should be! Love this boy!
My cute fruit bowl overflowing with goodness for yummy recipes!
Oliver's tree he made with noodles
He is so cute! This is the Lincoln Log village we built during Mile's nap today. I am so thankful this little guy is such a good big brother. After spending almost an hour building this, he was totally fine to let his little brother play with it and potentially knock it down. I am also thankful that he and I share a love for swinging. See the videos below to see his sweet swinging skills:
I'm so fortunate to have these boys in my life and their Daddy too. After the park Clayton met us at Sprouts so I could do some shopping in the madness. It's the little things that make my life easier! :) Happy Thanksgiving to you!

No comments:
Post a Comment