Welcome to the Royal Texans Blog

The Royal Texans blog is all about our family and the people we love. It's a little crazy being a Mommy of two lil' guys, but I eventually post everything so check back often for updates on Oliver and Miles!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

The best bath EVER!

We have had a great time preparing for St. Patrick's Day this past week. We have made paper bag puppet leprechauns, we have painted rainbows, made naturally green spinach muffins (yummy recipe here), made hand print rainbows, colored leprechaun pictures and had so much fun, but it was all culminated in tonight's bath, aka, "the best bath ever" according to Oliver. How, might you ask, did I achieve the status of giving the "best bath ever"? Easy, I found it on someones blog and followed directions. You can find a link to her blog post here, her rainbow is much better than mine...I'll admit it.

It started out with these washable liquid water colors that I diluted with water and placed in spray bottles.

Next I filled our bathtub with various St. Patrick's Day treasures, coins, bead necklaces, big sunglasses from the dollar store and lots and lots of bubbles. Then, I spray painted the rainbow. The trigger on my green bottle was not cooperative, but it still turned out cute!



just check out how happy they were and this is 30 minutes into the bath just before we emptied the tub and refilled with clean water...they both loved it!

Here are some other fun pictures from the week:

our leprechaun found all their green toys and played with them, colored pictures and hid his gold in the play things

He even dressed up Miles' favorite toy, Gymbo, in green attire and adorned him with gold (candy) filled socks.

Miles with his leprechaun -- this is too long of a craft for a 20 month old.

but perfect for a five year old!


I think this is my favorite craft for the week. It was a very quick craft for them, not so quick for me. I traced their hand prints and then cut it out of six different colors of card stock for them to glue together and make a rainbow. So cute!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

3 comments:

Robynn said...

I LOVED reading and seeing your darling St Patts week. You are such a clever mom. Way to go. We missed you at our St. Patts Day celebration. Maybe you could stop by this week for a fun Easer Craft. SLY Rob

Lori said...

That does look like the best bath ever!! You are such a great mom!! Your boys are so cute, we cant wait to see you guys again, my kids keep asking when we can hang out again. Are you coming back this summer? Hope all is well at your house.

Mike said...

I still love the great St Patties stuff you guys did. You are way to much fun Oliver and Miles.

--------------->Click Older Posts right up here ▲▲▲▲

Oh come on, if you've read to the bottom of the page, then I'm sure you want to see more! :)

Blog Archive -- use this menu to see older posts