About a month ago, when Miles was first interested in crawling, he would get up on his hands and knees, but when he would start to go, I would always pull him back to his blanket since we needed to have our carpets cleaned. Well he figured out that he could move a little easier with the military crawl on his blanket, so he really perfected that. Soon after he was let loose (after the carpets were cleaned), Miles got really fast on with the military crawl and kind of forgot about hands and knees. He will still get up in the stance to start, but then he goes down to drag himself. That seems so much more difficult to me, but it must be easier as both my babies have started with this type of crawl.
Also, I don't think I mentioned last month that he started signing in his seventh month, when he was about six and a half months old. His first sign was all done. I had overfed him a couple of times, so I was being really careful and kept asking if he wanted more or if he was all done while signing. He finally drug up his hands and signed a big all done. He was so proud when he was able to tell me he was all done with his dinner. It didn't stop there, he started using all done whenever he was done with his bottle, with getting his diaper changed, when the fan turned off, when he wanted down, etc. Wait to generalize Miles! During his eighth month, Miles learned to sign light and fan both of which were Oliver's first signs.
Miles has really taken to eating solid foods. He is really independent and loves feeding himself soft puffs, cheerios, rice rusks, and teething biscuits. He also loves when we give him pieces of our food. Despite all my efforts to discourage early weaning, Miles stopped breast feeding at about seven and a half months. I felt bad for about half a second, then I realized what a big reliever of stress weaning will be. Miles is VERY interested in Oliver, so I was always having to ask Oliver to leave the room while I was trying to nurse, or try to be quiet, and everything had to be just right to get him to nurse, and well, as much as I loved that time between the two of us, I am actually glad it is over. Now I can get back to the gym in the mornings and lose this baby weight that has been hanging on.
Miles isn't much of a talker yet, he has been saying his ah goos and ah gees for a couple of months now, but other than squealing, not much else has come. All in good time! :)
Miles has perfected sitting up, but his biggest milestone in the past month is that he is now completely mobile, which makes it almost impossible to take pictures of him. Add to that the fact that he has not yet developed his depth perception and taking pictures on any elevated surface becomes quite dangerous. Every time I would back away to take a picture, Miles would come after the camera...he loves that thing. You'll see what I mean below. We love you baby Miles!
Miles refrigerator magnet picture

1 comment:
Happy 8 months Baby Miles! You are so cute, I need to come see you soon. SLY Cousin Rob
Post a Comment