Before I begin, I wanted to list somethings I have learned over the last couple of weeks since Oliver's birthday: First, I should remember that if I know I don't have enough time to throw a party, and I actually say I don't have enough time to throw a party (and even blog about it), then I probably don't have enough time to throw a party. Luckily most everything at the party went off without a hitch, and my studies didn't suffer too much. Second, I should remember not to wrap gifts for a two year old unless I want to unwrap them myself. And third, I should remember to take less pictures if I am short on time. I need to consider how much time and effort I put into editing every picture before it goes on my blog. If I don't have time for a party, I certainly don't have time to edit 500+ pictures, select the best ones, and post them on my blog all within a few days. Anyway, I am done. This is the last of the party. Sorry it took so long!
You may be thinking where is the cake? Well here it is, the final event. Leading up to this day, I think the cake may be the thing Oliver has been most excited about. Well, Tom Thumb did not disappoint. They made the most darling Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree cake I have ever seen and I thought it tasted great too. Yummy, chocolate! Here are the pictures:
Look how excited he is, he can hardly wait!
Hooray, I did it...can I eat it yet?
Okay, go ahead...take the obligatory frosting lick!
I imagine that Oliver is telling Ace that the frosting tastes great and Ace is agreeing with a huge grin!
The party guests with Oliver from left to right: Grandpa Royal, Aunt Tricia, Ace, Oliver, Grandma Royal, Grammy Brown and Gramps Brown
Daddy, Oliver & Mommy -- this is his typical smile in response to a request for a smile
How big of piece do you want?
Still tasting that frosting
Look at these two little guys using their napkins
I don't think I can eat anymore frosting!
mmmm...chocolate ice cream
And I just had to post this last picture. Later that night as I was getting Oliver's bath ready, he was talking with Gramps in the other room and I left for just one minute to go to the bathroom. Well when I got back, I returned to a bathtub full of bubbles. I had to let most of the water out, but the bubble stayed. Oliver enjoyed taking a bath with lots of bubbles tonight!



No comments:
Post a Comment